Bed Bug Facts That Will Give You Nightmares+
· A female bed bug can lay 3 or 4 eggs every few days, or approximately 300 to 500 throughout their lifespan.
· Eggs takes 2 weeks to hatch.
· It only takes 4 to 6 weeks for a baby bed bug to reach adulthood.
· As they are growing, they will shed their skin 5 times.
· Bed bugs need to eat a meal at least one time in between each skin shedding.
· The average bed bug adult has a life expectancy of 10 to 12 months.
· A bed bug will not stay on you, but will return to his hiding spot after feeding off of your blood.
· Bed bugs can bite multiple times during one feeding.
· Although there has never been a documented case of transmission of disease to a human, bed bugs are known to be capable of carrying over 20 different pathogens, including HIV and Hepatitis B.
Titan Pest Control provides squirrel removal for NJ and the greater NYC area.
NJ and NYC both have a high squirrel population. Sometimes these furry creatures make their way into a home, looking for shelter. While you might think a squirrel hiding out in your attic space is doing no harm, you will feel differently once you see the damage they can cause.
Relocating a Squirrel Back to Its Natural Habitat+
In the wild, a squirrel is a free spirited creature, jumping from tree to tree in the pursuit of food. Although cute in their natural habitat, squirrels can be a major nuisance for humans when living too closely together. This is a common problem found in the crowded suburbs of NJ and the greater NYC area, where houses have taken up the spaces that squirrels used to roam freely through.
The most vulnerable areas in your home for squirrel entry are your garage and attic spaces. A squirrel makes an entryway by chewing through the exterior of your home and using the space to nest and store food. Squirrels are not at all secretive about their presence and are usually detected by the loud noises they make once they have made their entrance.
The Most Humane Approach Possible to Evict a Squirrel from Your Home+
Wildlife control involves a number of hazards that only an expert can foresee. Titan pest control specialists are often called upon to work in small cramped spaces, face to face with a frightened squirrel. Although cute and furry on the outside, a squirrel will quickly turn vicious when threatened, posing a risk for bites and scratches. These can lead to diseases that you are not normally exposed to.
Squirrel Facts That Will Make You Rethink Their Cute Appearance+
· Squirrels will tear up insulation inside of an attic or crawl space in order to make a cozy nest.
· Squirrels will defecate in the same space, causing a strong unpleasant smell to permeate your home.
· Your ceiling can become stained from a squirrel who has taken up residence in your attic.
· Squirrel droppings can put your family at risk for salmonella poisoning.
· Squirrels are known to chew through wiring, causing fire hazards as well as expensive repairs.
· A squirrel is a carrier for ticks and fleas, which will quickly transfer to your pets and home if infested by a squirrel.
Will You Know a Squirrel if You Hear One?+
A squirrel inside of your home will make a large racket as they prepare their nest and burrow their stores of food. If there is more than one, you may also hear sounds of fighting. If the noise is heard mostly at night, a flying squirrel is the likely culprit, while gray squirrels are typically more active during the day.
Titan Pest Control Squirrel Removal and Proofing+
The first step that Titan Pest Control needs to take is trapping and removing the squirrel from your home. We make every attempt possible to ensure that the animal can be released into its natural habitat. This is a dangerous undertaking that should only be handled by experts with comprehensive training.
Setting the traps and removing the squirrel from your home is only half the battle that we will undertake. The next step is finding the point of entry and securing it so that another squirrel will not find it’s way in. There may be numerous holes that have been created by the squirrel, all of which need to be sealed properly.
How to Spot Signs of a Possible Squirrel Infestation-
An overpopulation of squirrels in your neighborhood will make your home more vulnerable to an infestation. Look out for the following signs that squirrels may have decided to make your home their home.
· Squirrels on the roof, looking for ways to enter the attic space.
· An increasing occurrence of squirrels fighting in the yard. This indicates that the population is getting too large for the area.
· Scratching or digging noises coming from your attic or vents.
· Holes underneath soffits, in the siding of your home, or close to gutter spouts.