Bed Bug Facts That Will Give You Nightmares+
· A female bed bug can lay 3 or 4 eggs every few days, or approximately 300 to 500 throughout their lifespan.
· Eggs takes 2 weeks to hatch.
· It only takes 4 to 6 weeks for a baby bed bug to reach adulthood.
· As they are growing, they will shed their skin 5 times.
· Bed bugs need to eat a meal at least one time in between each skin shedding.
· The average bed bug adult has a life expectancy of 10 to 12 months.
· A bed bug will not stay on you, but will return to his hiding spot after feeding off of your blood.
· Bed bugs can bite multiple times during one feeding.
· Although there has never been a documented case of transmission of disease to a human, bed bugs are known to be capable of carrying over 20 different pathogens, including HIV and Hepatitis B.
If your home is being ravaged by rats, you need the superior strength of a Titan army!
Titan Pest Control takes rat control very seriously in NJ and NYC. We are able to provide rat invasion solutions depending on each unique situation. Because each home we are called to presents its own set of challenges, we have developed solutions that work in a NJ suburban home or a NYC high rise apartment.
Titan Pest Control’s Rat Elimination Process+
A qualified inspector will quickly be at your home when we receive your call regarding rat extermination. The extent of infestation will be determined and the extent of work involved in order to provide you with a fair estimate for the extermination of the rats.
With carefully developed programs, rats are quickly and effectively removed from your property. Once the Titan rat warriors are confident that the rats are gone, we do a thorough inspection to get to the root of your problem and do our best to prevent a future occurrence.
In some cases, rat control takes multiple visits before the problem is completely exterminated. Rats are wily rodents, but they cannot outsmart the experienced Titan exterminator for long. With our tenacity, you can rest assured that we will get to the root of the issue.
Facts About Rats That Will Make You Run For the Hills+
· Rats are remarkably instinctive and will be wary of certain baits and traps put out to catch them.
· Rats will colonize inside of walls, under porches, and inside of attic spaces.
· Rats harbor and can transmit a number of serious diseases to humans.
· The fleas and ticks that a rat is harboring also can transmit these diseases and can jump from a rat to your pet.
· A female rat can have up to 7 pregnancies in a single year, producing over 80 offspring in just 12 months.
· A rat will eat just about anything and uses its strong sense of smell to seek out food.
· Rats can break down support components of your home with their strong teeth in order to build nests for their young.
What Does a Rat Look Like?+
Rats are often confused with mice, despite their larger size. They are distinguished by two large front incisors that grow continually throughout the rats life. This is the reason why rats incessantly chew, especially on materials inside of your home. Another feature of the rat is the long tail, which can be longer than the body on some species. The hair of a rat is mainly on the body, with very little hair on the ears and the tail. What is obvious is the speed at which they can run on four legs and their ability to stand erect on the back two.
Rats thrive in a human environment, dwelling in cities, rural areas, and suburban towns. They are communal pests, forming large populations in small areas such as your basement.
How Does a Rat Population Expand?+
The gestation cycle of the female rat is incredibly quick, allowing her to have multiple pregnancies in the course of a year. Litters of rats will have four or more offspring, which grow quickly, adding to the population. If you catch sight of one rat in your home, there is little doubt that there are more in hiding.
Launching an Effective Attack Against a Rat Colony+
When you live in close quarters, such as a NYC apartment building, a rat population can be rampant throughout the entire dwelling. Titan exterminators will need to look not only at your individual apartment, but the entire structure to find where the building is being compromised. The first priority, however, is with our client and ridding their space of any rats and securing it so that other rats will no longer have a way to gain entry.
New Jersey suburbs create a different challenge, as rats may be coming in from nearby wooded areas. This is the reason why a thorough inspection of your home must be executed, with all points of entry sealed appropriately.
How to Tell if You Have a Rat Problem-
Generally a nocturnal animal, you may not know you are sharing your home with a rat colony until the population has grown out of control. However, they will leave signs of their presence.
· Rat droppings – Rats tend to leave their waste in specific locations. These will resemble large grains of rice.
· Food store invasion – With their incredibly strong teeth, rats are able to chew through bags and boxes with ease. If you notice holes in food stores left out overnight, a rat could be the culprit.
· Foot and tail prints – As they scurry throughout a dwelling, rats will leave behind distinct foot and tail prints.
· Rub marks – Rats have terrible eyesight and will usually follow the same path over and over out of habit. Their greasy hair will leave a smudge on the wall next to the skirting boards that define their known path.