Bed Bug Facts That Will Give You Nightmares+
· A female bed bug can lay 3 or 4 eggs every few days, or approximately 300 to 500 throughout their lifespan.
· Eggs takes 2 weeks to hatch.
· It only takes 4 to 6 weeks for a baby bed bug to reach adulthood.
· As they are growing, they will shed their skin 5 times.
· Bed bugs need to eat a meal at least one time in between each skin shedding.
· The average bed bug adult has a life expectancy of 10 to 12 months.
· A bed bug will not stay on you, but will return to his hiding spot after feeding off of your blood.
· Bed bugs can bite multiple times during one feeding.
· Although there has never been a documented case of transmission of disease to a human, bed bugs are known to be capable of carrying over 20 different pathogens, including HIV and Hepatitis B.
Call Titan Pest Control when tiny mice are making a big mess!
Mice are a common problem for NJ and NYC residents, especially once the weather turns cold. It is then that common mice will seek warmth and shelter, making themselves cozy in your home. Titan Pest Control Pest and Wildlife Control Specialists have the experience needed to get to the root of the issue.
When You Have a Mouse Problem, We Have the Solution+
The Titan mouse extermination process is an effective and efficient method of getting rid of the tiny pests. Every nook and cranny in your home is first examined by a trained exterminator. Once we know where the mice are nesting, the Titan army can begin evicting.
With mice, it is not enough to seek, destroy, and leave. The extermination professionals of Titan know that in order to ensure total control of the mouse population, we need to inspect the outside as well. Knowing how they get in is just as important as making sure they are thrown out.
Securing Your Home Against a Future Mouse Infestation+
The small size of a mouse makes it difficult to root them out. Mice have an uncanny ability to squeeze into the tiniest of crevices where they can live and breed (sometimes without detection) for months. Titan mouse exterminating experts know exactly what to look for and where to look for the mouse family that has built a comfortable home inside of your home.
Mouse Facts That Will Make You Rethink Your Love for Mickey+
· In NYC, the mouse population is only second to the number of humans.
· Mice can squeeze through a crack that is only 6mm wide.
· The whiskers on mice are used to sense changes in temperature and texture.
· Mice are able to communicate with each other using ultrasound.
· A single mouse can find up to 30 different food sources every night.
· Mice start to breed when they are only 3 months old.
· A female mouse will have up to 8 litters each year, resulting in anywhere from 4 to 16 offspring with each birth.
· Mice use their own urine to mark areas where they have already explored.
· A mouse will produce up to 80 droppings a day. These droppings are strewn everywhere the mouse goes.
What Does a Mouse Look Like?+
The common house mouse measures between 12 and 20 centimeters in length. This is including the tail, which is often as long as, if not longer, than the body. Most mice are either white, brown, or gray in color, with hair covering the body, tail, and large floppy ears. A mouse’s face is distinct, with a triangle shaped snout and long whiskers which it uses to make its way through the dark.
Just like rats, mice come out during the night, feeding on whatever food stores in your home that they can find. NJ and NYC residents need to be on the lookout for their presence, as mice are known carriers for a number of serious diseases that can be transmitted to humans.
The Growth of the Mouse Population+
As with other rodents, mice breed proficiently, having close to ten litters in a single year. Female mice will give birth to up to fifteen offspring, which grow rapidly to continue the cycle. This exponential growth of rat colonies makes it of utmost importance that you contact a professional mice exterminator the second you become aware that they have their own home inside of yours.
The Malicious Mouse Attack Launched by Titan Pest Control+
In order to make your home an unpleasant environment for mice, Titan Pest Control will launch a specialized attack. Your home is inspected from top to bottom, on the lookout for ideal nesting areas. Once we are confident that all mice have been removed, the search is on for points of entry.
Any hole or crack that is larger than the cap of your pen needs to be sealed to keep mice out. Special materials are used in order to prevent mice from finding a way to chew their way back inside. Without this important step, your home may be hosting a new family of mice very soon.
How Will You Know if You Have a Mouse in Your House?-
Although small, mice cannot help but leave distinct signs of their presence in your home:
· Mouse droppings – The waste products of mice are very small, brown, and cylinder shaped. You will not necessarily see one or two piles, but rather the individual pellets scattered around where they roam.
· Signs of chewing – Mouse are incessant chewers, and will gnaw on plastic, furniture, cardboard, and any household wiring.
· Disturbed food – Plastic bags and cardboard boxes of food can be chewed open by mice.